5 Ways to Start The Semester Off Right
The start of a new semester can be exciting, but also very overwhelming. You are in a new set of college courses with a new group of peers. Aside from all your class work, you are probably looking for a summer internship or if you’re a senior, you are searching for your first job. This can be a very stressful time of year and The Brand Girls want to help you start your semester on the right foot!
1. Get an agenda: Having an agenda is a crucial part of staying organized. With an agenda, you are able to keep track of due dates, know what you have to get done, and write yourself important notes. Target is our go-to place to find a wide variety of stylish planners for all your organizational needs!
2. Plan out your day: Use your new agenda to plan out your day. Plan everything from your classes to your workouts as well as your designated study times. This will help you avoid stress and procrastination when you have a time set aside for all the things you need to get done!
3. Get to know your professors: Getting to know your professors is the key to having a successful semester. Learn your professor’s teaching style, go to their office hours, and ask them about their life. It is much more likely that you will enjoy a class if you like your professor. Also, they will want to help you succeed if they see you making an effort in their class!
4. Find a study spot: Everyone studies differently. Some people like a space with complete silence. Others enjoy doing their work in midst of a little chaos. Find a spot on or off campus that works best your study habits and get to work!
5. Take time for yourself: You have to feel your best to be your best! This is what we live by at The Brand Girls! It is so important to take care of yourself. It can be difficult to do so in a jam-packed semester, but take at least 15 minutes a day for yourself. Go for a walk, read a book, or talk to a friend. Do something that makes YOU happy!
How do you like to set yourself up for success? We would love to hear how you do it on Facebook and Instagram. Tag the The Brand Girls and we may just repost your tips!
Written By: Hannah Harger
Brand Girls Client + BG Blog Intern